“Within MedAssets, we strive to maintain an environment that promotes a diverse and inclusive environment where employees feel welcomed, respected, supported and valued as team members. By valuing and respecting the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our employees, our company benefits from a diverse, more engaged workforce which is empowered to fully contribute toward MedAssets’ goal of driving meaningful value to our customers. MedAssets embraces the critical links between diversity, our organization’s success and community service.”
- John Bardis, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
MedAssets strives to develop and maintain an environment which values the similarities and differences of all aspects of an individual’s personality, ideas and identity and focuses on inclusion. Diversity provides the potential for greater innovation and creativity. MedAssets is committed to fostering an inclusive organization that respects and values the contributions of all employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic status, political belief or life experience.
We believe that by embracing diversity as a core business value, we can provide products, services and solutions that are more innovative and reflective of the diverse needs of our customers and the communities they serve, and that by utilizing the abilities of all individuals to their fullest extent within the framework of our business environment, we can provide exceptional service to our customers and support the continued viability and growth of our company. Further, we believe diversity and inclusion drive the organizational high performance necessary to be a thought leader in the industry and to fully maximize our competitive advantage.
Our commitment to diversity is reflected in MedAssets core values as well as through the various business practices and initiatives described below:
- MedAssets Diversity Council – The MedAssets Corporate Diversity Council consists of MedAssets employees whose focus is to identify opportunities for improvement, investigate and recommend solutions and advocate for change on workplace topics and interests of MedAssets’ diverse workforce.
- Human resource practices – MedAssets strives to eliminate discrimination and harassment in all its forms and is committed to making employment decisions that will advance their principle of equal opportunity and affirmative action. MedAssets employs human resource practices that attract persons from diverse backgrounds and is committed to recruiting, retaining, promoting and supporting the professional development of all individuals with compassion, character, confidence and commitment.
- Employee development and training – MedAssets offers instructor-led and online training courses for employees on topics such as “The Reasons Why Diversity Matters,” “Workplace Diversity Awareness,” “Getting Past Clashes: Valuing Team Diversity,” “Generations in the Workplace,” and more.
- Supplier Diversity program – MedAssets’ Supplier Diversity program assists organizations in working with diverse businesses to meet their purchasing needs and supports our customers’ efforts to build strong and culturally diverse communities. MedAssets believes that maximizing opportunities for growth and sustainability among diverse suppliers results in an expansive portfolio of innovative, quality products and competitiveness in the supply chain. MedAssets has also created a Supplier Diversity Advisory Committee to provide guidance to MedAssets regarding the Supplier Diversity Program. The committee provides valuable input to the development and enhancement of MedAssets’ Supplier Diversity Program and provides an opportunity for networking and best practice sharing amongst professionals who seek to advance supplier diversity initiatives in the industry.
- Supplier awards – The Diverse Supplier of the Year Award is given annually to the diverse supplier on contract with MedAssets who demonstrates a corporate commitment to diversity and encourages diversity in the supply chain by supporting member supplier diversity initiatives and demonstrates consistent and measurable contract growth.
- Support of diversity organizations – Through MedAssets’ Supplier Diversity Program, MedAssets supports and participates in organizations such as the National Minority Supplier Development Council and the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council whose missions support the growth and success of diverse suppliers.
- Hire Heroes – MedAssets proudly supports Hire Heroes USA, an organization whose mission is to provide career placement assistance to all of our returning service men and women. The HHUSA program focuses on providing transition assistance to Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom veterans, specializing in the career placement of those injured or with any level of disability.