Developing a portfolio as diverse as the clients we serve
At MedAssets, we understand the value of diversity in our clients, the communities in which they live, our supplier base, and our contract portfolio. One way in which we support these values is through our Supplier Diversity Program, which was developed to maximize opportunities for growth and sustainability among diverse suppliers in the MedAssets contract portfolio; create opportunities for the entry of qualified diverse suppliers in the healthcare marketplace; assist member healthcare organizations in meeting their supplier diversity goals, and to support our clients' initiatives to build strong and diverse communities. Maximizing these opportunities is more than the right thing to do.
IT’S THE SMART THING TO DO, and we believe it is good business practice.
Qualifications and Certification
MedAssets recognizes the following Diverse Businesses:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Veteran Owned Business (VOB)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
Third-party certification is required. We currently accept certifications from the following third-party agencies and their regional affiliates:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) www.nmsdc.org
- Women’s Business Supplier Development Council (WBENC) www.wbenc.org
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – 8(a) or HUBZone Certification www.sba.gov
- U.S. Department of Transportation www.dot.gov
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs www.va.gov
- Other city, state, federal and municipal agencies may also be accepted.
How We Benefit YOU! The Diverse Supplier
- Serve as a champion for diverse suppliers
- Assist in recommendations for working with the client management team and other teams at MedAssets
- Incorporate Supplier Diversity into Events
- Supplier Diversity incorporated into exhibit fairs
- Diverse Supplier & Supplier Diversity program excellence awards given annually at HBS
- Provide signage for MedAssets contracted diverse suppliers at AHRMM
- Support panels and reverse trade fairs at HSCA/FAH/HGPII
Message To Our Valued Diverse Suppliers
Thank you for doing business with MedAssets. Our Supplier Diversity Program is a division of Supplier Relations. At MedAssets, we value our diverse supplier relationships. It is our mission to ensure that Supplier Diversity is an integral part of our strategic sourcing process. As part of this commitment, we work to develop policies, procedures and initiatives that will drive opportunity and sustainable business relationships with diverse suppliers. Through the Supplier Diversity Program, we will foster diversity and innovation in the supply chain, support and facilitate procurement from diverse suppliers; encourage contracted suppliers to support and procure from diverse suppliers; support Supplier Diversity Program goals and strengthen customer initiatives to provide culturally proficient care.